Project Description: Create your own custom transfer ware plate using Grafix Rub-Onz; great home decor piece, or perfect as a wedding or anniversary gift.
Designed by: Tami Sanders
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Rub-Onz
- Hobby Lobby: Plate
- Bone Folder
Steps to Make This:
- Scan designs or cut and paste patterns from the web into a word processing program. Adjust the sizes of each piece as needed and be sure to flip any text to “mirror image”.
- Print design onto transfer film according to package directions.
- Peel back a corner of the liner from the adhesive sheet.
- Line up a corner of the transfer film to the corner of the adhesive sheet and press to adhere to only the corner.
- Continue to peel back the liner and apply the transfer sheet, smoothing out air bubbles as you go.
- Use a bone folder or the wooden stick included in the package to rub over all the designs to be sure the adhesive is fully transferred to the film.
- To apply rub onz, peel back the clear plastic liner.
- Then adhere face down to the surface, rubbing with your finger or the wooden stick to make sure rub onz transfers to surface.
- Pull up the matte liner to reveal your rub on.
- Rub the rub onz lightly with your finger to smooth out any air bubbles.
- Cut out center design.
- Then adhere to center of plate using same steps as before.
- Use a ruler to line up and mark placement of medallions.