Project Description: Bathtub Character Clings float and stick to the side of the tub, and they can be re-used again and again with Grafix Cling Film.
NOTE: The secret to making these little critters is Cling Vinyl, made by Grafix. This is different from the craft vinyl you may be used to; this vinyl sticks by static cling rather than adhesive. That means it’s safe for all hard surfaces, is completely removable, and can be re-used indefinitely.
Steps to Make This:
- Begin by printing off the Free Sea Animal PDF (click), or other images of your choice. Cut roughly around the images.
- Use adhesive to stick the image to the paper backing of a sheet of cling vinyl.
- Cut around the outline of the animal.
- Peel off the paper backing.
- If you’d like, you can add plastic googly eyes with glue dots.
- Repeat with the other characters.
- These float on the surface and cling to the side of the tub. Try pouring water on them and they pop right back up!
- Air dry or wipe gently with a towel and store them in an envelope for next time.
- If you use your imagination, you can come up with a lot of other fun character clings. You could cut out vehicles, the alphabet, or dolls.