Project Description: Don’t just wrap your presents and add a bow; use Grafix products to decorate with some Bling!
Designed by: Tami Sanders
- Grafix Metallic Foil Board: 10” X 13”: Green, Red, and Silver
- Grafix Funky Film: 6” X 8”: Silver Sequins and Mini Silver Stars
- Grafix Artist-tac: 6” X 8”
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic: Medium Weight 6” X 6″
- Plain Gift Wrap
- Gift Boxes
- Clearsnap: ColorBox DoodleBug Pigment Ink: Lady Bug and ColorBox Stylus & Tips
- Beacon 3-in-1 Glue
- Sizzix: Plain Bookmark Die – 5” X 2 ½”
- Circle Punches: 1 ½”, 1”, 7/8” and 5/8”
- Snowflake Punch: 1”
- Paper Trimmer
Steps to Make This:
- Wrap boxes with plain gift wrap.
- Punch 1 ½” circles from green Metallic Foil Board and 1” circles from red.
- Punch snowflakes from Mini Silver Stars Funky Film. Hint: some punches work better punching from film side, some from the backside, try both to see which works best for your punch.
- Peel off backing and adhere Funky Film snowflakes to the center of red circles.
- Peel the back corner of Artist-tac to reveal adhesive, keep pulling to reveal about 2/3 of the sheet and fold back the cover.
- Place red circles on exposed adhesive, fold the cover back down and smooth with hand to transfer adhesive. Expose more adhesive as needed to place all red circles.
- Adhere red circles to green circles.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with green circles.
- (Note: If you want the lid of one of the boxes to be removable, wrap the lid and base separately. This Metallic Foil Board “ribbon” hides the seam.) Cut a piece of red Metallic Foil Board large enough to cut strips to go around the box. Working on the back, vertically score every ¼”. Then cut into strips.
- Working one at a time, use Artist-tac sheet to place adhesive on the upper 2/3 of each strip, then adhere the strip to the lid, letting lower 1/3 overhang below the edge of the lid. Overlap strips at sides.
- Add your snowflake dots to the sides and top of the box.
- Punch 1” circles from red Metallic Foil Board, 7/8” circles from green Metallic Foil Board and 5/8” circles from Silver Sequin Funky Film.
- Assemble circle pieces as before and adhere finished dots to sides and top of the box.
- Make a strip of “ribbon” from red Metallic Foil Board long enough to wrap around your box, scoring as before; adhere to box using Artist Tac.
- Cut a piece of red Metallic Foil Board large enough to make 3 loops for a bow as well as a smaller loop for the center.
- Optional: You could ink the back of the red Metallic Foil Board with red ink using the Stylus & Tip so that the inside of the loops wouldn’t be white.
- Working on the back, vertically score every ¼”. Then cut into strips for loops and center loop.
- Form a figure 8 with each of the 3 longer strips, overlapping ends and staple at the center to form bow loops.
- Form smaller strip in a circle, overlap ends and staple.
- Bend loops at score lines to make more pliable and to add dimension.
- To assemble bow, form star with large loops, add a small loop at center then staple through all pieces.
- Adhere bow to box using 3-in-1 Glue.
- Die-cut a piece of Clear Craft Plastic with Bookmark Die; remove blue protective films from front and back of plastic after die-cutting.
- Apply adhesive to lower half of the tag using Artist Tac sheet.
- Cover the adhesive on the tag with a piece of gift wrap paper and trim to fit.
- Cut a 1/4″ strip of leftover scored red Metallic Foil Board and adhere to top of gift wrap. Punch 3 snowflakes from Mini Star Funky Film and adhere to tag.
- Punch 2 – 1” circles from green Metallic Foil Board and 2 – 7/8” circles from silver, use Artist Tac to adhere silver circles to green ones and to also adhere circles to tag.
- Write “To:” and “From: “in the circles.
Note: Sizes of punches, number of punches pieces and widths of trim will depend on the sizes of your boxes.