Project Description: Enjoy Thanksgiving in affordable style with Grafix Vellum and Shrink Film.
Designed by: Alice Golden
- Grafix Vellum in Gold, Platinum, and Clear Inkjet Printable
- Grafix White Shrink Film
- Prima Marketing Delight Brads
- Papertrey Ink Canyon Clay Cardstock
- Clear glass votive candle holders
- Die-cutting machine with Papertrey Ink Die Collections: Perfect Patches, Lovely Layers
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Power Punch
- Computer with inkjet printer
- Sharpie Permanent Markers: Gold Metallic, Magenta
- Therm O Web Memory Tape Runner XL
- Paper trimmer
- Scoring tool
- Score board
- Oven or heat tool
- Parchment paper
- Scrap paper
Steps to Make This:
- Die cut two pieces of Lovely Layers largest-size die from shrink film for each embellishment needed. Color die-cut sets with markers. (Note: Designer colored one in Gold Metallic and one crosshatched in Magenta.)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to shrink film. (Note: If using oven, try inserting die-cut film into parchment paper pouch to keep plastic from twisting.) Let cool.
- Layer gold film on top of the magenta film, punch a hole in the center and slide onto brad stem. Repeat for all embellishments.
- Print menu on inkjet vellum; trim to desired size. Mat with Gold vellum; adhere to Canyon Clay cardstock base. Punch a hole at top center of the menu; insert embellished brad. Adhere to secure.
- Wrap scrap paper around votive to create a template. Mark top and bottom votive edges; trim to create a template. Use the template to cut Gold vellum wrap and Platinum vellum center strip; adhere the strip to votive wrap. Punch a hole in the center of votive cover; insert embellished brad and bend ends on the back. Adhere wrap to the votive holder. (Note: Using straight-sided holder eliminates need to create template.)
- Print names on inkjet vellum; trim. Die cut Patch from Gold vellum; adhere to the left of the name. Punch a hole at top center of the patch; insert embellished brad and bend ends on the back. Adhere to secure.
- Create top-fold base from Canyon Clay cardstock. Adhere name panel to base.