3d Dura- Lar
Project Description: Create your own 3D shooting stars using Craft Plastic. It is the perfect surface to decorate using mixed
media, alcohol inks and markers. It cuts and folds easily into 3D elements.
Designed by: Celia buchanan
- Grafix Craft Plastic – White and Black
- Variety of Permanent Pens
- Graphite Pencil
- Star template (included in project)
- Scissors or sharp craft knife
- Scribe or pointed tool to score lines
- Marabu Alcohol Inks
- Isopropyl Alcohol 91%
- Clear Adhesive Tape
Steps to Make This:
1. Print out star template trim excess paper.
2. Using a variety of Marabu alcohol inks color the White Craft Plastic. Black Craft Plastic looks
great with the rainbow or metallic colors.
3. To create a design with cells. Add alcohol ink and wipe it across the surface of the white Craft
Plastic. Let it dry then spray or splatter the surface with some isopropyl alcohol 91%. Watch the
4. Place the star template under your design and trace the outline onto the back of the white
Craft Plastic using a pencil. You will need either a light box or the light from a window to see the
template through the Craft Plastic.
5. If you use black Craft Plastic place the star template on the front and trace it using the pencil.
Then cut the shape out.
6. Using a straight edge draw the fold and tab guidelines.
7. Using a craft knife or scissors cut the outline of the star and the tabs guidelines.
8. Take a scribe and score the fold and tab lines so that they will fold crisply.
9. Fold the star shape along the lines. Use a piece of paper over the Craft Plastic and a straight
edge to smooth the folds so that you get nice clean sharp edges.
10. Fold the flags in on the points of the star and secure with glue or tape.
11. As an option thread some ribbon through the point of the star and hang them as a garland