Project Description: Step out of the box and create a unique abstract folder using Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic Film.
Designed by: Tania Talat Ahmed
- Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic
- Acrylic Paints
- White Acrylic Paint
- Posca Marker -White
- Chinagraph Pencil/Stablio All Pencil
- Caran Dache Neocolor II
- Spellbinders – Jane Davenport Quill Pen
- Bone Folder
- Graphite Pencil
- Ringer Binder mechanism
- Brads or rivets to attach above
- Craft Knife of hole punch
Steps to Make This:
- Score the Opaque Black Craft Plastic sheet at 4.75 and 5.70 along the wider length. This will leave a 1-inch spine for the ring binder mechanism.
- Roughly sketch outlines of flowers and leaves with a pencil.
- Use white acrylic paint to fill in leaf and flower shapes. Let dry completely.
- Add dots with acrylic paint and the back of a pencil or a brush.
- Add marks with a different colored acrylic paint and a brush.
- Paint in flowers and leaves with acrylic paint. Let dry completely.
- With a pencil, add loose lines around the flowers and leaves.
- Add sketchy shadows around flowers with Neocolor II pastels
- For additional interest, use Chinagraph pencil to add in more shading and details to marks, flowers, and leaves.
- Draw in more details and outlines around marks, flowers, and leaves with Quill Pen
- As a finishing touch, add white dots with Posca Marker around flower centers and marks.
- Fold and crease the score lines to form file shape with a bone folder. Make sure to place a piece of paper on top to not damage the paint.
- Make sure that the ring binder mechanism is centered, add pencil marks for the fastening holes.
- Punch holes or make slits to insert brads or rivets.
- Add brads/rivets and fasten on to ring binder mechanism