Altered Journal Made Using Grafix Monoprint Plates
Project Description: Customize your own journal with Grafix Monoprint Plates.
Designed by: Tami Sanders
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Monoprint Plates
- ColorBox Color Wheel and Handle
- ColorBox Pigment Ink: Canary and Roussillon
- ColorBox Pigment Ink: Daffodil and Coral
- ColorBox Pigment Ink: Cocoa, Old Rose and Brown
- ColorBox Pigment Ink: Gold
- ColorBox Molding Mat: Crackle Background and Spots
- ColorBox Molding Mat: Starry Swirl & Leafy Border
- Beacon 3-in-1 Glue
- White Card stock
- Composition Book
- Heat Gun
- Paper Trimmer
- Peach Lace
- Metallic Trim
- Blue Painters Tape
- White Paper Towels – with texture
Steps to Make This:
- 3 – 8 X 10 Monoprint Plates come in a pack. The sheets are covered with a protective blue film on the front and the back, so remove the films first.
- Add swirls of ink, using 2-3 colors, to the Plate.
- Use Color Wheel and Handle to gently blend inks and spread over Plate.
- Press Molding Mats into ink to create patterns.
- Use a paintbrush to add hand-drawn accents on Plate.
- You can also use the end of the paintbrush to draw designs.
- Lay card stock over Monoprint Plate, top with a cover sheet, and then use a brayer to press ink to paper. Then heat set inks.
- Clean Plate to prepare for the next layer.
- Add inks, 2-3 colors, in a few spaces on Plate.
- Use Color Wheel to spread ink on Plate, but don’t cover the entire surface.
- Use Molding Mats to impress and re-stamp images on Plate.
- Add swirl designs using the end of a paintbrush.
- Impress design to card stock as before to create second layer; heat set.
- Clean Plate and use paintbrush and Gold Ink to create leaf designs on Plate.
- Impress paper again to add the third and final layer to paper; heat set.
- Begin making second paper: clean Plate and tear and apply strips of blue painter’s tape to it.
- Add swirls of inks, 2-3 colors, spread, and blend using Color Wheel.
- Remove tape from Plate to reveal ink pattern.
- Add thin swirls of Gold Ink to Plate.
- Impress design onto white card stock as before.
- Spritz Plate lightly with water, then dab with a textured paper towel – reserve towel.
- Impress as before to finish second paper; heat set.
- Trim papers to fit the composition book.
- Adhere papers to composition book.
- Adhere lace where the papers meet.
- Adhere metallic trim above the lace.
- Rub reserved paper towel across the spine to transfer some ink; heat set.