Project Description:Love to upcycle? Create this cute Halloween Lantern with
Computer Grafix Ink Jet Film and a few upcycled items. It’s
an easy and fun project using the old and the new to create
something spooky for the holiday.
Designed by: Lori Warren
- Computer Grafix Ink Jet Film
- Halloween images
- Canning rings and lid
- Halloween Creepy Cloth
- Tissue Paper
- Metal feet
- Hobby Lobby Bottle Twinkle Lights
- Inkjet Printer
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint
- Faber Castell Artist PITT Pens
Steps to Make This:
1) In a graphics program (I used Publisher), create a custom sized document. (11” x 4.25”)
2) Insert a script image (or use the text function) to create a repeating script background.
3) Insert a pumpkin image into the center of the document. Save image.
4) Insert script document into Word x 2. This will allow you to print two images per sheet.
5) Print script document onto Computer Grafix Ink Jet Film (using an Inkjet printer).
6) Cut printed Computer Grafix Ink Jet Film in half (4.25” x 11”).
7) Color pumpkin with PITT pens on the opposite side of the printed image.
8) Attach tissue paper to the back of the Computer Grafix Ink Jet Film with double sided
9) Paint two wide mouth canning rings.
10) Adhere canning lid to one of the rings.
11) Adhere metal feet to the ring with the lid attached. I used 3 feet for this project.
12) Adhere Halloween Creepy Cloth around ring in between the ring and feet.
13) Make a tube with the Inkjet film element and assemble between the top and bottom
14) Add Creepy Cloth to the top (below the top ring) and embellish with ribbon.
15) Add battery powered miniature LED lights.