Project Description: A simple and impressive card creation using Distress Oxides and stamps on Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film.
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- A6 White Card Blank
- Stamp with a Chess theme on an Acrylic Block
- Versa Fine Clair Black Ink Pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Craft Heat Tool
- Paint Brush
- Distress Oxide Ink Pads (Ranger)
- Blending Sponges
- Gold Luscious (Indigo Blue) or Other Mica Powder
- Die Cut Sentiment
Steps to Make This:
- Cut the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic to fit an A6 card with a 1/8” border.
- Dust the Opaque White Craft Plastic Sheet with the antistatic bag.
- Then using the Versa Fine Clair ink pad, stamp the image just below the center, onto it.
- Apply the clear embossing powder, remove the excess and heat set, don’t overheat or the plastic sheet will distort.
- Lightly sponge the Distress Oxide inks over the stamped image.
- With a slightly damp paintbrush remove areas of ink within the image.
- Put a little of a darker shade of Distress Oxide Ink on a glass mat and pick up the color with a paint brush and paint in some of the chess pieces. Then mix a little Gold Luscious with water and add highlights and splatters to the stamped panel and die cut sentiment.
- Edge the panel with black ink and adhere to the front of the card blank with Grafix Artist-tac and attach the die cut sentiment.