Project Description: Use Grafix Chipboard to make a cute robot doll that lights up.
Steps to Make This:
- On the Grafix Chipboard, draw simple shapes with a black marker to make a robot. Most robot shapes are simple squares, triangles, and circles, so experiment and make your robot unique!
- Cut out all the shapes with a craft knife. Go over the edges with the black marker to make them look finished.
- Use a hole punch or sharp point to poke a hole in the arms and body and connect the two with paper fasteners.
- Glue the remaining parts together and paint the accents with gold and silver paint.
- Poke two holes in the center of the body and place the LED through.
- Create the circuit on the back as shown:
a. Put regular tape over the paper fasteners to prevent them from shorting out the circuit.
b. Add maker tape to the negative (shorter) leg of the LED.
c. Place the battery on top, negative side down, then place maker tape over it.
d. Continue laying the maker tape as shown.
e. Add paper flaps under each armpit to act as a switch. When both armpits are tickled, the robot’s LED lights up!
- You now have a new robot friend!