Project Description: A tutorial on how to create Christmas cards using Grafix art plastics and alcohol inks.
Designed by: Anne Roos Smink
- Grafix Opaque White and/or Black Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Stencil Film
- Grafix Artist-tac dry adhesive or glue
- Alcohol Ink
- Isopropyl 91%/99% or blending solution
- Heat Tool (optional)
- Stanley Knife & Scissor
- Black/Gold Pen
- Varnish (optional)
Steps to Make This:
- Cut the Grafix Opaque Craft Plastic Film White/Black in four pieces. Two pieces will be used for the Christmas ornaments, the other two can be used as card stock (cut more pieces if needed).
- On two of the pieces, use different colors of alcohol inks diluted with isopropyl or blending solution and blow it around with a heat tool, straw, or a brush. Make sure the inks have dried completely before moving to the next step. For this example, I used beige and red colors in combination with gold on the white plastic film and solely gold ink on the black plastic film.
- Then, draw various Christmas ornament shapes on the stencil film and cut them out with a Stanley knife.
- Apply the stencil film on the alcohol ink pieces and trace them with a pencil.
- Use a Stanley knife or scissors to cut out the ornaments.
- Place the ornaments on the other two pieces of craft plastic or other card stock and create a composition you like.
- Use Grafix Artist-tac dry adhesive or glue to stick the ornaments to the cards.
- Use a black or gold pen to draw lines from the ornaments to make them look like they are hanging.
- Write a Christmas message on your cards and have a merry Christmas!