Christmas Magic Journal
Project Description: Show your Christmas Magic by creating a sparkling, snowy art journal page using the Grafix Mixed
Media Chipboard Journal. It’s the perfect substrate to mixed media journal projects.
Designed by: Lorri Warren
- Grafix Supplies:
• Mixed Media Journal -6” x 9”
- Other Supplies:
• DecoArt Americana Premium -White Gesso
• DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint –Cool White
• DecoArt Dura Clear Ultra Matte Varnish
• Lori’s Cards and Creations –Snowflakes stencil
• Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz collection –
Reindeer Flight, Bold Tidings.
• Ranger -Archival ink, Jet Black
• Tissue paper
• Metal charm
• Fan Brushes
Steps to Make This:
1) Start by covering a Chipboard Journal page with white gesso.
2) Apply texture paste over snowflake stencil with palette knife. Allow to dry.
3) Water down white acrylic paint and add splatters to page with fan brush.
4) Create a layer of snow at the bottom of the journal page with Distress Grit Paste –Snowfall.
5) Stamp tall trees to page with Archival Ink –Jet Black.
6) Stamp Reindeer onto tissue paper with Archival Ink –Jet Black.
7) Trim Reindeer from tissue paper.
8) Adhere Reindeer to page with Matte Varnish.
9) With a small fan brush apply layers of snow to the tress with white acrylic paint.
10) Mix some glitter with matte varnish and paint snowflakes with glitter mixture.
11) Hide the bottom of the trees by applying Distress Grit Paste at the base of the trees.
12) Stamp bold saying onto tissue paper with Archival Ink.
13) Adhere phrase to journal page with matte varnish.
14) Tie string to a metal charm and adhere charm to the top of the trees.
15) Add another layer of paint splatters with fan brush and acrylic paint.
16) Finished Journal Page