Clear Craft Plastic Journal
Project Description: Create a unique paperless art journal using Grafix Clear Craft Plastic and Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix.
Designed by: Cat Kerr
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film .020
- Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix Film
- Scissors/ Rotary Cutter
- Americana Multi-Surface paints Coastal Waters, Chartreuse, and Lipstick
- Americana Lamp Black
- Wax Paper
- Cat Kerr Math Stencils
- Cat Kerr Foam Stamps
- Opaque White Marker
- Watercolor Art Parts assorted shapes
- Tim Holtz Foundry and Milagros Adornment Charms
- Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
- Tim Holtz Small Talk Text Stickers
- Tim Holtz Ideaology Mini Book Rings
- Clear Packing Tape
- 1/16 Paper Hole Punch
- Small Brayer
- Assorted flat items to incorporate into the journal
Steps to Make This:
1. Remove protective liner from Clear Craft Plastic Film.
2. Cut into random rectangle sizes.
3. Paint one side with Americana Coastal Waters and Americana Chartreuse. Before it completely dries place a stencil on the paint and remove the excess paint with a baby wipe.
4. Add additional texture by using a stylus and let dry.
5. Add Black paint to the foam buddy and use it to add the paint to the foam stamp. Add foam stamps designs to the other side of the clear craft plastic and let dry.
6. Add additional texture to the foam stamp by using a white opaque pen on the black foam stamps.
7. Print up assorted black and white images on Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix Film.
8. Paint the Art Parts in Americana Multi-Surface paint Lipstick.
9. Add splatters of Coastal Waters to the Watercolor Art Parts.
10. Pick and cut out a design from the Computer Grafix Film, remove the backing, place it on the Art Part and trim around the art part.
11. Embellish the Tim Holtz Paper dolls by adding Computer Grafix Designs to the lighter parts of the clothing. Add holes and feed thread through the holes for additional texture.
12. Optional Embellishments can include painted canvas, ribbon, and thread, crochet scraps; anything thin enough to add to your journal page.
Put it all together
1. Assemble pages with embellishments. Cover the front and back in clear packing tape. Leave a ½” overhang of clear packing tape on the left side of the page. Use a brayer to press all the pieces together.
2. Use the hole punch to add holes to the ½” overhang tape area in one of the journal pages and then use that one page as the hole template for the other pages.
3. Add the mini book rings and connect all the journal pages.
4. Hang Adornment Charms from the top book ring.