Project Description: Create your own ghost jars with Grafix Cling Film, an easy craft that is perfect for kids of all ages.
Designed by: Tami Sanders
- Grafix White Cling Film
- Sharpie: Black Ultrafine Point and Black Fine Point Markers
- Mason Jar
- Black and Orange Twine
- Battery Operated Tea Light
- Ghost Template
- Google Eyes
- Copier Paper
- Circle Punches: 1 1/8”, 1”, and 7/8”
Steps to Make This:
- Start by copying a black and white ghost design of your choosing then paste it into a Word document.
- Adjust the size of your ghosts based on the size of your jar.
- Then print the ghost template on a sheet of copier paper (it is important that you have a black background).
- Partially peel the Grafix White Cling Film from the sheet liner, then place the template on the liner and replace the Cling Film.
- Use the Sharpie Ultrafine black pen to outline the ghosts and to fill in the mouth. (You will need 2 sets of the ghosts).
- Remove the template, and clean up any outlines that need it by going over the lines with the Sharpie Black Fine Point Marker.
- Cut out each ghost with the backing intact, it’s easier that way.
- Add google eyes to the ghosts (you can glue them on if you want).
- On the remaining portion of the film use your circle punch to make several circles of each size.
- Write “boo” at the center of the circles, draw eyes in both “o”s, and then outline the circles.
- Peel off the backings from the ghosts and the circles and begin applying them to all sides of the jar.
- On another piece of the Cling Film draw a circle on the back of a piece of White Vinyl using the inside of the jar lid as a guide.
- Cut out and write “spooky” at the center of the circle.
- Then place the spooky circle on the inner lid.
- Place a tea light inside the jar for some spooky illumination.
- Screw-on the lid of the jar and add twine in a bow.