Project Description: Modernize the classic silhouette technique by using Grafix Cling Vinyl and Clear Craft Plastic Film.
Designed by: Tania Ahmed
- Grafix Cling Vinyl Film
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film
- Ranger Alcohol Pearls
- Ranger Air Blower
- Graphite pencil
- Silhouette outline
- White Posca Marker
- Bone Folder
- Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic (optional)
- Transfer Paper (optional)
Steps to Make This:
- Start by drawing or download and print a silhouette outline on transfer paper to use.
- Next transfer the outline to the back of Grafix Cling Vinyl Film using transfer paper or rub graphite pencil on the back of the outline and draw over to transfer design.
- Then, cut out the outline with scissors, make sure the edges are smooth.
- Partially peel back the backing of the Cling Film and apply it to the middle of the Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film, smoothing it out with a bone folder.
- Shake the Ranger’s Alcohol Pearl Inks and drip on to silhouette outline Cling Vinyl Film, acting as a mask.
- Before the alcohol ink dries, create a sprayed effect using the Air Blower. (Or you can use a straw and blow it yourself).
- Use a light tapping motion with a white Posca Marker to create splatters for a galaxy effect.
- Lastly, peel off the Cling Vinyl Film to reveal the design!
- As an option, you could add Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic to the back if desired.