Project Description: Use Grafix Vinyl Sheets to Create beautiful cards for fun everyday use and special occasions alike!
Designed by: Keren Baker
- Grafix Cling Vinyl in White (9×12”)
- White cardstock
- Alcohol inks in Slate, Stream & Rose Gold Mixative (Ranger)
- Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger)
- Alcohol Blending Solution (Ranger)
- Circle Die
- HP1604 Stamp set (PaperArtsy)
- Metal stars
- AquaFlow pens (Tonic Studios)
- Acetate sheets
- White gel pen (Sakura)
- Foam pads
Steps to Make This:
- Using the vinyl sheets, add Alcohol inks using a felt applicator. Add some blending solution and mixative to create an uneven amount of colour.
- Die cut a circle from the panel, trim to 10.5cm x 16.5cm then peel the vinyl from the backing sheet and add to a slightly larger piece of acetate.
- Add foam pads onto the reverse of the panel adding them tightly next to each other so there are no gaps. Add some extra foam pads around the edges of the panel.
- Stamp the image onto some white cardstock using black ink. Colour in and trim out. Adhere onto the panel.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the panel. Trim out a base card and add some stars in a small pile in the same position as the aperture.
- Remove the backing on the foam pads and position centrally onto the card. Add some little dashes on the figure to complete the card.
Vinyl is easier to cut either freehand or using simple shapes.
Try adding some alcohol inks to your vinyl to create arty window decorations too.