Project Description: Use unique materials to create one-of-a-kind jewelry. As seen on Make It Artsy create custom earrings using Grafix Shrink Film.
Steps to Make This:
- Use your sketching supplies to plan out your earring design.
- Determine pieces to create out of shrink plastic and cut out of the plastic using an electric cutter or punches, making sure to cut out pieces about 2 times larger than the desired finished size.
- Use a heat gun on a safe surface to shrink the cut plastic pieces one at a time following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If plastic shaping is desired, immediately mold hot plastic on marker barrel with gloves on.
- Use Jewelry tools to assemble your jewelry findings, beads, and shrink plastic pieces to match your sketch design.