Project Description: Create a unique Dragonfly Charm with a Sharpie Marker and a coloring page.
Designed by: Rebecca Goodwin
- Grafix Shrink Film – Gold
- Sharpie Fine Point Marker
- Dragonfly Coloring Page Printout – (approximately two times larger than desired finished charm size.)
- Hole Punch – ¼”
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Jump Rings – 6mm and 8mm
Steps to Make This:
- Print coloring page 2x larger than the desired finished size of charm.
- Use a Sharpie marker to trace the lines of the image onto Grafix Shrink Film. Trace the dragonfly in two parts, a top half and bottom half, with a margin around each for cutting.
- Use sharp scissors to cut designs apart.
- Punch holes at the top and bottom of the top half and at the top of the bottom half of dragonfly pieces. (If one solid charm is made, then only punch a hole the top of the dragonfly.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake according to package directions.
- Seal with Ranger Glossy Accents or another comparable medium. Set aside to cure, according to package directions.
- Use pliers to separate* jump rings and attach all pieces.
*TIP: Push ends of jump ring away from each other (push one away from you, pull one toward you) instead of pulling them apart side-to-side, to prevent straightening of the ring.