Project Description: This card uses the Double Tack Mounting Film and Artist-tac adhesive sheets to add color, texture and act as a resist to make this dreamy card.
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Grafix Vellum
- White Card 5½”x5½”
- Dark Teal Card 5 ¾”x5¾”
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold Embossing Powder
- White Mica Pigment Powder
- Metallic Gilding Flakes
- Adhesive Pearls
- Anti-static Bag
- Craft Heat Tool
- Small Circle Punch
- 4½”Diameter Circle Die
- Wild Flowers and Weeds Thinlet Dies from Sizzix
- Dream Word Die from Sizzix
- Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks
- Ink Sponging Tool
- Die Cutting Machine
Steps to Make This:
- Cut 5 floral shapes and the word from the Double Tack adhesive sheet and a 4 ½” diameter circle from the Artist-tac.
- Treat the 5 ½”x5 ½” White card with the anti-static bag.
- Adhere one of the floral shapes onto the 5 ½”x5 ½” white card.
- Remove the backing sheet to expose the adhesive- retain the backing. Cover with bronze embossing powder, remove the excess.
- Repeat step 3 with two more floral shapes, this time use gold embossing powder.
- Again repeat step 3 with the last two shapes using silver embossing powder.
- Heat the embossing powder with craft heating tool to melt.
- Replace the retained backings over the embossed images.
- Place the Artist-tac circle over and lightly burnish- I used a soft cloth to make sure there were no marks.
- Then remove the backing and brush the white mica pigment powder over and remove any excess.
- Sponge the Distress Inks around the edge of the white card and blend into the center over the mica powder and embossed images.
- Adhere this panel to the 5 ¾”x5 ¾” dark teal card and then onto the card blank leaving an even narrow border around each.
- Tear a strip of Vellum and stick the die cut word down and expose the adhesive.
- Cover with the Metallic gilding flakes.
- Punch small circles from the Double Tack Mounting Film and use to attach the Vellum strip to the front of the card, trim as necessary.
- Add the adhesive pearls over each circle.
Note- you can use the excess from the floral cuts to maximize the use of each sheet.