Project Description: Create your own wearable t-shirt art! Design an original look using Grafix Extra Tack Frisket Film, a spray bottle, and bleach. It’s so easy and stylish!
Steps to Make This:
- Begin by printing the image you want on your t-shirt. Remember, you will only see the silhouette of the image.
- Tape the film over the paper image and cut around the outside of your image.
- Remove the paper backing from the film and adhere the film to your t-shirt. Position the film so that there are no wrinkles or bubbles.
- Burnish the film to the t-shirt with the help of a smooth flat object, like a credit card.
- Insert a scrap of cardboard inside your shirt so the bleach doesn’t bleed through to the back.
- Fill a clean spray bottle with a few inches of bleach. Then, head outdoors since the next step can be messy.
- Lightly spritz the shirt with the spray bottle of bleach. Stop when you’ve reached the level of lightness you want.
- Rinse the t-shirt thoroughly underwater to stop the bleaching process.
- Remove the film to reveal a nice sharp outline of your image.
- Wash the t-shirt in the washing machine by itself once before wearing or washing with other clothing.