Project Description: Have fun with your card making by using Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film and adding layers of color or stamp designs.
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Grafix Artist Series Shrink Film Script
- A6 White Card Blank
- Dina Wakley Media Scribby Women Stamp (Ranger) on an Acrylic Block
- Versa Fine Clair Black Ink Pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Craft Heat Tool
- Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint (Ranger)
- Stamping Platform
- 2” Brayer
- Paint Brush
- Background Stamp on an Acrylic Block
- Black Distress Oxide Ink Pad
- Blending Tool
Steps to Make This:
- Cut the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic to fit an A6 card with a 1/8” border.
- Use three colors of the paints, a dark, mid-tone, and a bright then brayer very lightly to the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film, one color at a time making sure each one is dry before adding the next.
- Position the figure stamp onto the stamping platform, ink it up with Versa Fine Clair Black ink and stamp into the painted sheet.
- Remove the sheet from the platform and blot onto copy paper to remove excess ink.
- Use the white paint and paint the figure, stay inside the outer line but cover the image, you may need two coats, just make sure the paint is dry before adding another coat. Use the paint to stamp the background stamp around the figure. Note: When dry sometimes the white paint takes on some of the colors from the underneath paint, this is OK! It’ll give you a different look.
- Put the painted panel back into the stamping platform. Add the sentiment stamps around the figure stamp, ink up all the stamps and stamp the panel.
- With the Black Distress Oxide ink sponge the edges of the panel with the blending tool and adhere to the front of the card blank with Grafix Artist-tac.
- To finish, stamp part of the sentiment on to a scrap of white and cut out a few individual words, edge with black ink and attach to the front of the card with the shrink film word as shown.
Note: Using different stamps, paint colors, backgrounds and marks on the White Plastic Sheet will give many creative opportunities.