Project Description: Let your creativity bloom with Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film, Alcohol Inks and Embossing.
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Grafix Clear Shrink Film
- Grafix Silver Shrink Film
- Bee Stamp
- Die Cut Machine
- Sentiment Die
- A6 White Card Blank
- Alcohol Inks (Ranger)
- Alcohol Blending Solution (Ranger)
- Felt Pads
- Blending Tool
- Stamp with a Flower Design on an Acrylic Block
- Versa Fine Clair Black Ink Pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Craft Heat Tool
- Paint Brush
- Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Steps to Make This:
- Cut Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film to fit an A6 card blank with a 1/8” border.
- Apply two colors of Alcohol Inks to the Opaque White Craft Plastic Film with the felt pad adding a little alcohol blending solution to lighten and blend and leave to dry, it doesn’t take long.
- Dust the Opaque White Craft Plastic Film with the antistatic bag and using the Versa Fine Clair ink pad, stamp the image slightly off center onto it.
- Apply the clear embossing powder, remove the excess and heat set, don’t overheat or the plastic sheet will distort.
- Paint the flower on the film with the alcohol blending solution and carefully wipe with kitchen roll to remove the ink. The raised area of the embossed image will help to keep the solution contained.
- Using Grafix Clear Shrink Film, stamp a bee design on the film and follow the instructions on the package to shrink down to use as an embellishment.
- Die cut the Grafix Silver Shrink Film with a sentiment of your choice, then follow the package instructions for shrinking.
- To complete the card – Edge the panel with black ink and adhere to the front of the card blank with Grafix Artist-tac and add the shrunk emblements with Glossy Accents glue.