Project Description: Feature your craft creations with this flower panel that blooms, off of the page using Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film, White Inkjet Shrink Film, White Chipboard, and Artist-tac.
Designed by: Kay Molyneux
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix White Inkjet Shrink Film
- Grafix White Chipboard
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Flower Collage stamp of choice on a Stamping Platform
- Transparent Watercolors
- Water Spray Bottle
- Cling Film
- Black Versa Fine Clare Ink Pad
- Anti-static Bag
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Craft Heat Tool
- Red and White Butchers Twine
- Black Oxide Ink Pad with Applicator Sponge
- Hole Punch
- White Thread
- Hot Glue Tool
Steps to Make This:
- Prep your surfaces by cutting the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film into 4″x 8 ¼” and make sure to save the surplus film.
- Then cut the Grafix White Chipboard into 4 ½ “x 8 ½ “.
- Dust the Opaque White Craft Plastic Film with the anti-static bag then stamp the collage stamp onto it with the black Versa Fine Clare ink pad.
- Apply the clear embossing powder and heat set using the craft heat tool.
- Use the transparent watercolors to paint over the Opaque White Craft Plastic Film avoiding the main flower.
- Spray the watercolor with water and cover with the cling film, bunching it up to form creases.
- Then allow it to dry.
- Stamp the flower element onto some spare Opaque White Craft Plastic Film with the black ink, cover with clear embossing powder and heat set. (Don’t forget to dust with the anti-static bag.)
- Cut out the flower from the spare Opaque White Craft Plastic Film and lightly heat the design to shape it.
- When watercolor painted Opaque White Craft Plastic Film is thoroughly dry, remove the cling film.
- Then with a damp brush remove any excess paint from the flower design.
- Paint the flowers designs with a contrasting watercolor and leave to dry.
- Print three words onto the Grafix White Inkjet Shrink Film cut the words out and shrink by following the instructions on the back of the package.
- Make up the panel, by attaching the painted panel to the White Chipboard with Grafix Artist-tac.
- Punch two holes for hanging.
- Then adhere the shrunk words, twine and flower (place white thread between the two flowers) to the panel as shown with hot glue.
- Tie a twine loop to the holes to hang the panel.