Project Description: Learn how to create your own jewelry with Grafix Shrink Film.
Steps to Make This:
- Select 3 colors of Shrink Film to use to make the flowers.
- Punch flowers, you will need 4 flowers of 2 colors and 6 flowers of 1 color. You may want to punch a few extra flowers.
- Punch a hole in the center top of one petal of each of the flowers.
- Arrange flowers on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake according to package directions. See below for tips on baking pieces.
- Arrange pieces in rows to match rows on the ring: left row: 4 flowers, center row: 6 flowers, and right row: 4 flowers. Mix and match colors as desired.
BAKING TIPS FOR COLORED SHRINK PLASTIC FILM
— Depending on your punch or die-cut, it may distort the edges of the plastic causing it not to flatten completely when baking. Here are a few tips to get nicely formed pieces…
- Bake a sample piece to see if it will bake correctly.
- Try adjusting your oven up or down 25 degrees to see if it affects the way the piece bakes; oven temperatures differ.
- Try using a heavier pan.
— Or try this method of baking…
- Cover the pieces with another layer of parchment paper.
- Top pieces with a LIGHT-weight aluminum pan or a mid-weight piece of cardboard.
- Be sure that the pan you place on the top of the pieces is LIGHT-weight; too heavy of a pan will prevent or distort shrinkage.
- If you use cardboard, do not leave it unattended while baking.