Project Description: You’ll have a ball creating this Grafix Opaque White Film Glitter Ornament Ball.
Designed by: Cat Kerr
- Grafix Dura-Bright Opaque White Film (Also Known as Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film)
- Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film
- Marabu Art Spray: Caribbean, Lemon, and Black
- Fine Glitter
- Foam Sponge
- Rubbing Alcohol
- 16 Gauge Wire
- Wire Cutter
- Round Plier or Dowel Pliers
- A jar to create 12 circles of 2 ½”
- Bone Folder or Popsicle Stick
- (Optional) Bead Caps and Flowers
Steps to Make This:
- Add Marabu Art Spray in Caribbean Art Spray to one sheet of Grafix Dura-Bright Opaque White Film and place the second sheet directly over the first and “smoosh” the color.
- While the color is wet add some Marabu Lemon Art Spray and sprinkle with rubbing alcohol to create additional texture. When dry, add splatters of Marabu Black Art Spray.
- Next, trace circles on to the back of the colored Dura-Bright sheet. Then, cut out each circle and set aside.
- Again, trace circles on a sheet of Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film. Then again cut out each circle out and then cut them in half.
- Fold the Dura-Bright circles in half using the bone folder.
- Add the Double Tack (½ circle) to one side of each folded Dura-Bright circle by removing one layer of the protective film exposing the adhesive and then placing it on to the Dura-Bright circle.
- Assemble the ornament by taking one folded circle, removing the protective layer of the Double Tack exposing the adhesive, then taking another circle, and stick it to the side that DOES NOT have adhesive.
- Continue to do this until you have reached the desired amount of panels. Do NOT adhere to the final two panels together, yet.
- Cut a piece of heavy wire and create a loop on one end. (If desired, feed a bead cap onto one side and then place the wire in the center of the ornament). Trim the wire on the other end if needed, feed the other bead cap and then create a loop on to the opposite end.
- Finally, adhere to the two last panels.
- Then, use a foam sponge and add a Decoupage Medium to the edges of the panels. Then sprinkle glitter to the medium.
- Once dry add a second layer of glitter.
- Finish off by using a soft brush to wipe off any excess glitter.