Project Description: Create unique and custom wall art with Grafix Artist Series Shrink Film!
Designed by: Gina Lee Kim
- Grafix Artist Series Shrink Film Feathers
- Burlap Canvas
- Water-soluble Brush Pens in a neutral palette (i.e. India-Ink Based Faber-Castell Pitt Pens or Royal Talens Ecoline or Dye-Based Sakura Koi Brush Pens).
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- Blue Acrylic Paint
- Golden™ Interference blue paint
- White Paint Pen
- Hole Punch
- Toaster Oven or heating tool
- Paint Dabber
- Paint Brush
- Gold String
- Glitter Letters
- Hot Glue Gun
Note: Be sure to always test your mediums first.
Steps to Make This:
- Select a variety of water-soluble brush pens in a neutral palette. Colorize your Artist Series Shrink Film Feathers in hues of grays, browns, taupes, and beige.
- Before baking, punch holes on both ends of the feathers. Bake as directed.
- After cooling, use a white paint pen to add highlights.
- Paint on black acrylic paint on the canvas using paint dabber. Do not overpaint. Be sure to leave some areas where you can still see the woven parts of burlap texture. Let dry.
- Add streaks of gold acrylic paint using a dry-brush technique. Avoid over-working and add hints of gold so painting looks distressed. Let dry.
- Add blue acrylic paint and Golden™ Interference blue paint. Again using a dry-brush technique, apply sparingly and avoid over-working. Let dry.
- Suspend the feathers. Feed gold string through the punched holes and tie it in the back of the canvas. Do this for each feather.
- Anchor letters directly below each feather and on top of the lower gold string. Use a hot glue gun for better adhesion.