Project Description: Create a custom ribbon box using Grafix Artist-tac.
NOTE: Artist-tac adhesive is repositionable until burnished and set.
Steps to Make This:
1. Measure the length of the lid.
2. Cut ribbons about 1” longer than measurement, and then lay them out on the lid to determine how many ribbons are needed to cover it.
3. Remove backing from Artist-tac Sheet; reserve backing.
4. Lay ribbons out on Artist-tac Sheet.
5. Cover ribbons with the reserved backed sheet and press and smooth with a bone folder to transfer adhesive to the backs of ribbons.
6. Begin adhering ribbons to the lid, burnishing with the bone folder as you go.
7. Once all ribbons have been adhered to the lid, trim off excess ribbon at each end.
8. Wrap ribbon around the edge of the lid to determine the length needed to cover, allowing about 1” overlap.
9. Cut the ribbon at determined length; then transfer Artist-tac to back of ribbon as previously done in steps 3-5. (Ribbon will probably be too long to adhere to the adhesive in one piece. Just apply adhesive to one end, then reposition ribbon to apply adhesive to remainder.)
10. Adhere ribbon around the edge of the lid, then burnish.
11. With the lid on, measure the height of the box side from base to bottom of the lid.
12. Varying lengths slightly, cut ribbons a little shorter than measurement, and dovetail end. Transfer Artist-tac to back of ribbon as previously done in steps 3-5.
13. Begin adhering ribbon flags around the sides of the box slightly below the bottom edge of the lid.
14. Repeat steps 8-10 to adhere a ribbon around the sides of the box, just below the bottom edge of the lid, to cover the ends of the ribbon flags.