Project Description: This Chanukah create your own wall décor with the Star of David that can be created with family. Or given as a gift!
Designed by: Karenliz Henderson
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic .020 Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- 10” Embroidery Hoop
- Star of David – Template
- Black Sharpie
- Chipboard Letters
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Metallic Silver
- Ranger Alcohol Ink – Sail Boat Blue
- Paper Artsy Chalk Acrylic – Glass Blue
- TCW9006 Gel Medium
- Pop Up Adhesive Dots
- Extra Fine Glitter – Silver and Blue
- Glue: E6000
Steps to Make This:
- Paint the 10” embroidery hoop in with paper Artsy Chalk Acrylic Glass Blue.
- Leaving the Grafix Crystal Clear Craft Plastic film liner on both sides and use the triangle template to trace the shape twice then cut out.
- Start by creating the Star of David by flipping one triangle upside down and glue together with E6000. (You can use Grafix Glue Reference Chart to help you choose your glue).
- Then paint the star with Artsy Chalk Acrylic Glass Blue, when it’s dry add the TCW9006 Gel Medium, and Extra Fine Glitter Silver and Blue.
- Paint the chipboard letters in DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Metallic Silver and let them dry.
- Use Grafix Artist-tac to adhere to both sides of the chipboard letters, peel apart the liner sheet, and place the letters onto the microdots.
- Then fold the Artist-tac sheet in half and burnish both sides of the letters.
- Peel off the liner sheet from the letters and add silver glitter.
- Then place the embroidery hoop on top of the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film and trace it with a black Sharpie.
- Create a blue background with alcohol ink and attach it to the back of the embroidery hoop with glue.
- Attach the chipboard letters along the inside edge of the hoop.
- Add Pop Up Adhesive Dots to the back of the star.
- Finally, place the star in the center of the hoop.