Project Description: Add some holiday cheer with an easy Christmas Wall Décor with Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic and Clear Craft Plastic Film.
Designed by: Karenliz Henderson
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic .020 Film
- 5” Embroidery Hoop
- TCW720 Snowflakes Stencil
- TCW719 Christmas Tree
- TCW9032 Sterling Silver Modeling Paste
- TCW9004 Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste
- TCW9006 Gel Medium
- Acrylic Paints – Greens, Light Blue, Red, and White Metallic
- Craft Glitter Snow
- Glue: E6000
Steps to Make This:
- Start by placing your embroidery hoop on top of the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film and trace it with the Sharpie.
- Next, cut out a circle of Opaque White Craft Plastic Film; this will be used as the back of the project.
Using the TCW719 Christmas Tree stencil and light blue acrylic paint add the background design then let dry.
- Add the tree stencil with modeling paste TCW9004 Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste, wait for it to dry, and then paint it in shades of green.
- When it’s dry, add a Silver Star sticker to the top of the tree.
- Using the embroidery hoop again, trace it on Grafix Clear Craft Plastic .020 Film. Take off the film liner on one side. Leave one side on which will protect it so it stays clean.
- Add the words from the stencil with TCW9032 Sterling Silver Modeling Paste. When the paste dries, paint it red acrylic paint.
- Using white metallic acrylic paint adds the TCW720 Snowflakes Stencil around the words. When everything is dry take off the film on the back.
- Attach the Opaque White Craft Plastic background to the embroidery hoop with E6000 glue. (You could also use Grafix Glue Reference Chart to help you choose your glue).
- Attach the Clear Craft Plastic front to the embroidery hoop to create a shadow box effect with glue.
- When the glue is dry, use TCW9006 Gel Medium around the end and add some Craft Glitter Snow. You can also use glitter.