Grafix Clear-Lay Stenciled Card
Project Description: Create festive cards with Grafix Clear-Lay Film as a stencil by following this simple card creation.
Designed by: Tania Ahmed
- Grafix Blue Clear-Lay Film
- Sharpie or permanent marker
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Dye Ink Pads
- Ink blending brushes, makeup sponge
- Square card blank
- Alphabet Stamps
- Washi tape
Steps to Make This:
- Start by cutting a heart shape using a printed heart shape template or cutting free-hand on Grafix Blue Clear-Lay Film.
- Next, trace the heart outline on two pieces of the Clear-Lay Film using a permanent marker.
- Create a design on one of the heart outlines to use as an overlay to make a two-part stencil design. Tip: The more complicated the design, the harder it will be to cut out! You can also use a digital die-cutting machine to cut your design.
- Place a cutting mat underneath the Clear-Lay Film and carefully cut the designs using a craft knife.
- On a card blank, secure your outline stencil with washi tape.
- Apply dye ink with a sponge or an ink blending brush.
- Remove the first stencil and line up the second stencil then secure with washi tape.
- Apply a different colored dye ink with a sponge or an ink blending brush, remove the stencil.
- Lastly, add a stamped sentiment with black ink.