Project Description: Use Grafix Craft Plastic Films and Chibitronics to create a light-up snow globe card.
Designed by: Natasha Dzurny
- Grafix .007” Clear Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Blue Laser Cuttable Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Metallic Foil Board – Blue and Silver
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Silver Stamping Ink
- Assorted Green Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Silver paper
- Chibitronics LED Stickers and Effects Pack
- Maker Tape
- ¼ Inch craft foam (Grey)
- Fake Snow Foam Balls
- Foam Mounting Tape
- Printed Circuit Template
Steps to Make This:
- Start by printing the template on a piece of silver paper.
- Then cut out the circuit template around the rounded rectangle and then cut out the snowman.
- Cut out the snow globe base from the Grafix Blue Metallic Foil Board.
- Cut the ring from both the Grafix Silver Metallic Foil Board and the ¼ inch craft foam.
- Cut the plain circle from both the Grafix Clear and Blue Craft Plastic Film.
- Cut the snow diamond from white cardstock.
- Stick the maker tape along the black template lines, and the chibitronics stickers in place, following the diagram.
- Cut out the “PRESS HERE” shape from the silver paper and place a small piece of maker tape on the back, as shown*.
- Use a silver ink pad to create a snowy texture on the Blue Craft Plastic circle. This will create an atmosphere and conceal the circuit while letting the light shine through. You may need to sand it first to get the correct texture. Let it dry.
- Cut triangles from green cardstock to use as trees and decorate the snowman with a face and features.
- Use Grafix Artist-tac to adhere all the pieces together in this order: The blue background, the snow diamond, the snowman and trees, the craft foam ring. Then, sprinkle the foam balls on top. Continue using Artist-tac to adhere to the Clear Craft Plastic and the Silver Metallic Foil Board ring. Adhere the snow globe base with foam mounting tape.
- Adhere the “PRESS HERE” piece over the two pieces of maker tape, making sure to only add adhesive to the two outer flaps, and fold them under before mounting.
- Cut the card base from the Blue Metallic Foil Board, fold it in half, and mount the illustration on the front. Give it to someone to make their winter bright!