Project Description: Create a unique mixed media pencil portrait using Grafix Matte Dura-Lar Film.
Steps to Make This:
- Use your scissors to cut the Grafix Matte Dura-Lar Film down to the size you want.
- Select an image from a magazine to use and cut it out.
- Trace the main outlines of the image on to the Dura-Lar Film with a graphite pencil.
- Color in the traced image on the Dura-Lar Film with the color pencils.
- On the reverse side of the Dura-Lar Film, apply a matte medium evenly and add the cutout magazine image (face down) onto the Dura-Lar side covered with the matte medium.
- Burnish the magazine image to make sure it has made complete contact with the medium and let it dry.
- Once completely dry, wet the back of the magazine image slightly and start rubbing the magazine paper away gently with fingers in a circular motion. This will leave the magazine image transferred on the back of the Dura-Lar Film.
- You will see a soft outline of the transferred image when flipped over to the front side with the colored pencil drawing.
- If desired; add paint, embellishments, and details with pens, markers, or embossing powder and ink.
- Mount on desired surface or base with gel medium.