Project Description: Create a 3D mixed media decorative house using Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film and Computer Grafix.
Designed by: Cat Kerr
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film .020 12”x12”
- Computer Grafix Matte Adhesive-Backed Film
- House Template
- Gel Press 6”x 6”
- Acrylic Paint (be sure to include black)
- Scalloped Stencil
- UmWowStudio Vintage Images
- Derwent Inktense Pencils
- Water Brush
- Artfoamies Cat Kerr Foam Stamps
- Marabu Art Spray Cherry Red
- Marabu Art Spray Gold
- Word Text Stickers
- Clear Packing Tape
- Black and White Polka Dot Cardstock
- “Yes” Paste
- Washi Tape
- 1/8” Paper Hole Punch
Steps to Make This:
- Download the house template, print it and cut the shapes out.
- Cut the Grafix Clear Craft Plastic sheet in half.
- Add paint to the Gel Press Plate and spread out with a brayer.
- Place the stencil on top of the plate and slide the brayer across the stencil. This will remove any excess paint.
- Remove the stencil and then place your Craft Plastic sheet on top of the monoprinting plate and press the plastic into the paint.
- Remove the Craft Plastic sheet and if so desired add an additional color in random spots on the plastic.
- Use the house template to cut out the shapes from the Craft Plastic sheets then put them aside.
- Print vintage images on the Computer Grafix Matte Adhesive-Backed Film and cut them out.
- Add color to the images by using Inktense pencils and spread the color around with a water brush then let dry.
- Remove the backing of the images and add them to the house panels.
- Add foam stamp designs on to the house panels using black paint.
- Then add Splatters of Art Spray to the house panels.
- You can also add text Stickers to the house panels.
- Attach all the house panels together with clear packing tape. Leave approx. 1/8” in between each panel.
- Cut out freeform scalloped edges out of the black and white polka dot cardstock and glue on to the house panel using Yes Paste.
- Add Washi tape to the roof.
- Punch holes using a paper punch then thread some black twine through the holes to tie a knot. Trim the excess twine.
- (Optional) Add lights to the inside of the house.