Project Description: Create your own personalized postcards to send to family and friends using Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic Film.
Steps to Make This:
- Cut the Grafix Opaque Black Craft Plastic Film down to a 6”x4” postcard size.
- Create a border with the masking tape around the edges of the Opaque Black Craft Plastic Film postcard.
- Mark off a rectangle area roughly in the middle of the postcard with more masking tape.
- Then paint in the second rectangle with opaque acrylic paint. If the paint is translucent, then you might need to do an extra layer.
- After the paint has dried completely, peel off the central masking tape.
- With a paint marker, add marks such as dots, dashes, or doodles throughout the card as desired.
- After the postcard has dried completely, peel off the masking tape from the borders.
- Then add a strip of strong double-sided tape or Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film along with the bottom third of the postcard. Take off the protective strip to reveal adhesive.
- Optional: Gently dust gilding flakes on the sticky tape with a brush covering it completely and burnish off the excess to polish it. Tip: Instead of gilding flakes, you can use glitter, flock, microbeads, or even embossing powder.
- Alternatively, you can add stickers or die-cuts to finish your postcard.