Project Description: DIY your own mixed media tag with Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic.
Designed by: Tania Ahmed
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Acrylic Paint and Ink Pad
- Embossing Powder and Ink Pad
- Acrylic markers
- Book text or word stickers
- Ribbon or Twine
- Graphite pencil or China pencil
- Hole Punch and Corner rounder
Steps to Make This:
- Start by trimming the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film into a 4” x 6” piece.
- Then, lightly apply acrylic paint with a brayer onto the Opaque White Craft Plastic Film. Repeat with a second color.
- Next, stamp and create marks with a stamp and archival ink.
- Using a paintbrush or your fingers, apply paint to create abstract dots in opposite corners of the Opaque White Craft Plastic Film.
- Then, outline the dots and create additional marks on Opaque White Craft Plastic Film with a graphite pencil or china pencil.
- Add more marks with acrylic markers.
- Stamp with embossing ink on to Craft Plastic over designs.
- Sprinkle embossing powder over the inked image and heat set with a heat tool.
- Round the top corners of the Opaque White Craft Plastic tag.
- Add book text with glue or word stickers to the Opaque White Craft Plastic tag and outline with a pencil.
- To finish, make a hole in the top center of the tag and add ribbon.