Project Description: The best way to keep a journaling habit is to make it easy. Keep all your pens and pencils together with your journal in with this custom Pencil Case created with Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film.
Designed by: Cat Kerr
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film
- Grafix Double-Tack Mounting Film
- Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix
- Ink Jet Printer
- Marabu Art Spray Lemon and Cherry Red
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Brush with a water cup
- Cat Kerr Foam Stamps by Joggles
- Pencil Case Template
- Old Gift Card
- Fondant Rotary wheel or fine tip marker
- Craft Knife
- Stretch Ribbon
- Thin Magnet Strips or sheet
Steps to Make This:
- Start by adding color to the Grafix Opaque White Craft Plastic Film by pouring a little bit of Marabu Art Spray in the center of the sheet.
- Use the foam stamp to distribute the Spray by pressing it into the liquid spray and then stamping the color in random spots on the page.
- When the ink is dry, add splatters of black acrylic paint.
- Trace and cut out the pencil case template.
- Then score the dotted lines of the template outline on the Opaque White Craft Plastic Film.
- Fold at the scored lines inward and press with an old gift card.
- Add faux stitches using black acrylic paint and a Fondant Rotary tool.
- Cut out a window on the front part of the case using a craft knife.
- Print your own images on to Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix.
- Cut out the design you want to use. (It should be slightly larger than the window you cut out.) Also, cut out a blank piece of Clear Adhesive-Backed Computer Grafix.
- Remove the protective sheet exposing the adhesive on the Computer Grafix. Adhere it to the underside of the case. Do the same with the printed image and place it on the front side of the window.
- Use Grafix Double-Tack Mounting Film to assemble the case along the folded tabs.
- Add Double-Tack Mounting Film to thin strips of magnet to create a closure to the case. Stick one magnet to the flap and the other to the top of the case.
- Cut out slits on each end of the case for the ribbon. Feed the ribbon through the opening and wrap it around the book cover.
- Add Double-Tack Mounting Film to the end of the ribbon and attach the other end of the ribbon.