Project Description: Spread some holiday cheer with your own handmade holly and berry earrings made with Grafix Sanded Shrink Film. Wear them to a party or give as a gift to a loved one.
Designed by: Tania Talat Ahmed
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Sanded Shrink Film
- 4 Petal Flower and Holly Leaf Outline
- Heat Tool
- Pastels in Red and Green
- Glitter Nail Varnish
- Jump Rings
- Jewelry Pliers, including a Round Nose Plier
- Wire Snips
- Eye Pins
- Hoop Earring Findings
- Permeant Silver Marker
Steps to Make This:
- Trace two sets of a four-petal flower and holly leaf outline on to the rough side of Grafix Sanded Shrink Film with a pencil.
- Then cut out the shapes and erase the pencil lines if needed.
- Add the pastels with a sponge to the sanded side of Shrink Film.
- Punch a hole into the center of the flower and the stem of the leaf of the Shrink Film before heating.
- Shrink the leaf with a heat tool and set aside.
- Shrink the flower and mold the die-cut film into a berry shape by curving the petals upwards to form a ball-like shape. (Use heatproof gloves if needed).
- Add an eye pin to the hole in the berry shape, shorten the wire, and form a loop.
- Add glitter nail polish (or clear nail polish or sealing spray) to seal the pastel on all of the film embellishments.
- Once dry, add an outline around edges of all the shapes with a metallic marker.
- Add nail polish to the tip of holly leaves and tip into glitter while still wet.
- Seal the glitter with an additional layer of nail polish.
- Add a jump ring to the leaves. Hook all the embellishments onto the hoop earrings.