Project Description: Make your own Shrinkable Forever Flowers with Grafix Shrink Film!
Designed by: Karenliz Henderson
- Grafix White Shrink Film (Optional Metallic Shrink Film)
- Permanent Markers
- Ranger Archival Ink
- TCW575 Joyful Sunflower
- TCW722 Large Rose
- Hole Punch
- Embossing Tool
- Flower Shaping Tools
- Floral Wire
- Assorted Beads
Steps to Make This:
- Start by following the general instructions and tips on the back of the Grafix White Shrink Film package.
- Then lay The Crafters Workshop Joyful Sunflower and Large Rose Leaf stencil on top of the White Shrink Film and use permanent markers or ranger Archival Ink to add the design.
- Cut out the sunflower and leaf. Then flip both items over and color the backs.
- Punch two holes in the center of the flower and one on the leaf.
- Using an embossing tool heat the film to shrink the sunflower. (With the embossing tool you can control the shrinkage to create different sized flowers and interesting petal shapes).
- While the film is hot and pliable use a flower shaping tool to shape the center of the flower, by pushing the petals in different directions to create movement.
- Cut the floral wire to your desired length and add a bead. Fold the wire in half and thread it through the two holes.
- Twist the two wires together partway and thread one wire through the leaf. Keep twisting the wire to the end.
- Using floral tape wrap it around the wire.
- Repeat the process to create a bouquet.