Project Description: You can delight your friends and family with this hand-made art journal created with Grafix Natural Chipboard and adorned with Grafix Clear Inkjet Shrink Film Snowman and Mittens.
Designed by: Lori Warren
- Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film
- Grafix Clear Inkjet Shrink Film
- Grafix Natural Chipboard, 4” x 6”
- Flat Panel Canvas 5” x 7”
- DecoArt Galaxy Glitter
- DecoArt Snow-Tex
- DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Americana in White Gesso and Spa Blue
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Wire Pins
- Lori’s Cards and Creations – Let in Snow Set
- Christmas Crafts Buttons
- Blue Ink Studios Fresh Forest Beverage Napkin
- Tsukineko StazON Pigment Ink in Piano Black
- The Crafter’s Workshop Stencil TCW5010
- Faber-Castell Artist PITT Pens
- Book Rings
Steps to Make This:
- Start by printing a digital outline image of a snowman onto Grafix Clear Inkjet Shrink Film.
- Color in the digital image with your choice of permanent markers.
- Then use scissors to cut out the image.
- Follow the shrinking instructions on the back of the package and shrink the image using a heat tool.
- Next punch holes into the two Grafix Natural Chipboard panels.
- Then paint a winter scene with snow on the chipboard panels of using acrylic paint and gesso. To be used for front and back panels.
- Adhere to the single layer of the decorative napkin to chipboard with DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish.
- Apply DecoArt Snow-Tex to the bottom of the “front” chipboard panel.
- Draw 2 mitten shapes onto Grafix Inkjet Shrink Film.
- Using The Crafter’s Workshop Stencil TCW5010 to color the pattern onto mittens using Faber-Castell Artist PITT Pens.
- Cut around the mittens and punch a hole into the top of each mitten.
- On the Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film, stamp the snowflakes and saying with permanent ink.
- Trim the stamped Dura-Lar Film to fit the width of the journal (approximately 2” x 4”). Lay the film across the top portion of the journal and punch hole to match to cover.
- Adhere to the snowman element and snowflake buttons to journal cover.
- Highlight the cap and scarf on the snowman with a glitter pen.
- Assemble the front panel, mixed media paper, and back panel together then bind with the book rings.
- Embellish with the ribbon and attach mittens with wire pins.