Project Description: DIY your own chic Halloween decorations this year with only a few simple tools and Grafix Cling Vinyl Film and Chipboard. This project would make for a great gift too!
Steps to Make This:
- Decide what design you want to display on your DIY frame(s).
- Then take a sheet of Grafix White Cling Film and place onto a cutting mat and cut out your design. NOTE: Here are the sizes we used for our Framed Vinyl Art. Spider web: 8.650” H x 11.151” W, Spider: 4.075” H x 1.977” W, Trick: 2.146” H x 7.311” W, Or: 0.946” H x 1.610” W, Treat: 1.949” H x 7.427” W.
- Once all your pieces are cut-out, prep your glass frames by wiping the glass clean on both sides.
NOTE: This project used water and applied the Cling Film design to the outside of the frame.
- Slowly peel away Cling Film from the backing while placing your design directly onto the glass. (Due to the intricate web design the film might get a little tangled. But, don’t worry it’s easily untangled and is quite easy to work with).
- Take a scraper and remove any trapped bubbles by pressing down on the Cling Film until smooth.
- Take a piece of Grafix Black Chipboard and place it onto the back of the glass.
- Finish by fully assembling the backing of the board securely to the frame.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for the remaining frames and designs.
- Lastly, hand your new creation on a wall or give as a gift!