Project Description: Create a personalized frame for your AMAZING MOM on Mother’s Day!
Designed by: Tami Sanders
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Clear Computer Grafix Film
- Clearsnap Izink Ink: Mango and Opaline
- Clearsnap Designer Foils: Goldmine
- Clearsnap ColorBox Chalk Ink: Peach Paster
- Clearsnap ColorBox Pigment Ink: Dune
- Clearsnap ColorBox Pigment Ink: Banana Custard
- Clearsnap ColorBox Art Screen: Chevrons
- Clearsnap ColorBox Stylus & Tips
- Tombo Mono Liquid Adhesive
- Tombo Adhesive Dots
- Tombo Foam Tape
- Tombo Extreme Adhesive
- The Twinery Baker’s Twine
- White or Cream Paper Flowers
- Vintage Lace
- Vintage Buttons
- White Cardstock
- Wood Frame
- Foam Brush
- Masking or Blue Tape
Steps to Make This:
- (Follow steps on a wood piece instead of the frame for demo). Paint frame with 2 coats of Mango Izink, then 2 coats of Opaline, letting the paint dry in between coats.
- Lay the stencil at the desired angle over the frame and tape it down to the work surface.
- Apply a thin line of glue in the designs of the stencil.
- Use the paintbrush to begin spreading glue into the designs on the stencil. Work carefully to avoid getting glue under the stencil.
- Remove the stencil and set the frame aside to dry. You’ll know when the glue is dry as it will turn from white to clear.
- Place the Designer Foil sheet, silver side down; on top of glued design then rub firmly to transfer film. You should be able to see the design in the foil if you have rubbed hard enough.
- Remove the sheet to reveal the transferred foil. If you missed a spot, just find an area on the Designer Foils sheet with foil left, place it over the spot and rub it. You can use the WHOLE sheet of foil.
- Flowers were inked with a touch of peach using ColorBox Peach Pastel Cats Eye Ink.
- The flowers and buttons were adhered to using Tombo Mono Adhesive Liquid and Adhesive Tabs. Some of the buttons that had uneven buttons were adhered to using Foam Tape.
- Vintage lace was used to add loops behind some flowers as well as to portions of the frame. Baker’s twine, in a soft yellow, was used to add a bow to the upper corner.
- Flowers, buttons, and lace loops adhere to the lower left and upper right of the frame.
- The baker’s twine bow is added to the upper right corner.
- Some lace was used to fill in an open spot at top of the frame.
- Banana Custard Pigment Ink was applied using the Stylus & Tips to tint a piece of white cardstock. Then butterflies were stamped using Dune Pigment Ink over the cardstock.
- The inked and stamped cardstock piece was cut to size and adhered to the frame backing.
- The overlay was made using Clear Inkjet Computer Grafix and Word. It was cut to size to fit over the paper-covered frame backing.
- The inked and stamped paper with the overlay on top when inserted into the frame.
- Now you have a finished frame all ready to be gifted to mom!