Project Description: Spread some holiday joy with custom greeting cards made with Grafix Shrink Film.
Designed by: Tami Sanders
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Matte and White Inkjet Shrink Film
- Clearsnap ColorBox
- Surfacez Ink Black
- ColorBox Chalk Ink Chestnut
- Roan ColorBox Stylus & Tips
- Stampendous Jumbo Poinsettia
- Pair Jumbo Poinsettia Cling
- Stamps Bazzill Kraft in Red and Green
- Card stocks
- Graphic 45 Botanicabella
- Collection Dragonfly Duet
- PrismaColor Pencils and Beacon
- 3-in-1 Glue
Steps to Make This:
- Stamp 2 double poinsettias, 1 single poinsettia, and 2 border strips on Matte Shrink Film using Black Surfacez Ink.
- Color and shade pieces using colored pencils as follows: poinsettia petals: 2 shades of red, poinsettia leaves: 2 shades of green, poinsettia centers: yellow, border strips center and edges: yellow, border strips accent: aqua.
- Once pieces are filled in, lightly blend colors using paper towels. Colors will appear light but will darken when pieces are baked and shrunk.
- Bake pieces according to package directions.
- Print “J”, “O”, and “Y” on White Inkjet Shrink Film using a word processing program, leaving spacing between each letter. Font and size used in sample: Papyrus: 90.
- Cut out letters and fill in with a crosshatch pattern using aqua pencil; blend with a paper towel and bake according to package directions.
- Lightly distress the edges of all Shrink Film pieces using Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink applied using Stylus & Tips.
- Make cards from 5 X 10 pieces of kraft card stock.
- Cut a 4 7/8 square of red card stock and mat on the card front.
- Cut a 4 X 3 3/4 piece of printed paper and lightly distress edges using Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink applied using Stylus & Tips.
- Mat printed paper piece on a 4 1/4 X 4 piece of green card stock. Then adhere pieces, centering on the card front.
- Arrange and adhere Shrink Film pieces as shown in the finished card.