Project Description: Feature your alcohol ink designs on Grafix Wet Media Dura-Lar Film by layering the sheets for a unique look.
NOTE: Make sure you were doing this in a well-ventilated area as with using alcohol there can be some fumes.
Steps to Make This:
- Start by adding a small pool of alcohol to the first sheet of Grafix Wet Media Dura-Lar Film.
- Then add in a couple of drops of your choice of alcohol ink.
- Disburse the ink around by blowing on the ink. (NOTE: You could also use the following items: a straw, a hairdryer, a heat gun, or an air compressor.)
- For this art project, you can tilt the page and allow the ink (and alcohol) to flow diagonally across the page.
- When you repeat this technique for the other 2 sheets, you could try to make sure some areas would overlap to create a layering effect and added textures.
- After you are satisfied with how your designs look, let the sheets dry.
- Then you will spray using a sealant and a UV protector. (NOTE: You can use two coats of Kamar varnish and then one layer of UV sealant, making sure that it is dry in-between applications. It is very important to use the Kamar varnish first as UV sealant interacts with the ink.)
- Use the 9“x 12“white or black cardstock to place behind your artwork since the Wet Media Dura-Lar is transparent and this will give the artwork a more vibrant appearance.
- You can see all the different looks by changing up the order of layering the sheets. When you decide on which order is best, your artwork should now be ready for framing.