Project Description: Upgrade your card-making game by adding a customized Grafix Shrink Film bookmark to your card!
Designed by: Tami Sanders
- Grafix White Inkjet Shrink Film
- Clearsnap: Wicked Black Archival Dye Ink
- Hero Arts: Huge Hugs Clear Stamp
- We Are Memory Keepers: Celtic Mini 8 Punch
- Doodlebug Designs: Fancy Fills Stickers – Limeade
- Sharpie: Fine Point Pens
- Color Me Bookmark Design
- Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry
- Aleen’s: Tacky Adhesive Dots
- Cardstock: Black, White, and Yellow
- Orange Craft Thread
- Paper Trimmer
- Hole Punch
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Steps to Make This:
- Find a color me bookmark image online or purchase one from a site like Esty and save it.
- Open a new document in your word processor and size bookmark to fit the length of the page. You can fit 2 images per sheet.
- Print the bookmark on Grafix Inkjet Shrink Film.
- Begin filling in design using Sharpies.
- Keep in mind colors will darken and intensify when the project is shrunk, so stick to lighter colors.
- Cut out bookmark close to the exterior line.
- Punch a hole at one end of the bookmark. Make sure you use at least a 1/4″ punch since the hole will shrink considerably.
- Place the bookmark on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Then bake according to package directions.
- Cut a 6″ square of yellow cardstock and use a Mini 8 punch to punch out an embellished circle.
- Cut a circle in half with a trimmer.
- You’ll only need half of the circle for this project.
- Cut a 6″ x 8″ piece of black cardstock.
- Score the black cardstock at 4″.
- Fold the black cardstock in half and press with a bone folder to make the card base.
- Cut a 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of white cardstock and adhere to the black cardstock card front using Zip Dry.
- Adhere yellow circle half about 1″ away from the left side of the card, making sure the straight edge faces the fold on the left side.
- Adhere a border sticker along the left straight edge of the yellow circle piece.
- Ink stamp a saying using Wicked Black Dye Ink and stamp at the right side of the yellow circle.
- Wind some thread over a 6″ piece of scrap cardstock a few times; cut at both ends.
- Fold threads in half and insert the folded end in the hole of the bookmark.
- Pull the ends through the loop to form a tassel on the bookmark.