Project Description: Bring in some cheer for yourself or your loved ones with a handmade metallic shrinkable holiday brooch with Grafix Metallic Shrink Film.
Steps to Make This:
- Lightly rub the sandpaper in two directions across Grafix Metallic Shrink Film. This will allow the colored pencil to adhere to the surface.
- With a permanent marker or pen, draw or trace a frame approximately twice the size you’d like your finished brooch to be. (If you would like a brooch that is two inches high, draw the frame approximately four inches high, etc.)
- Color in the center of the frame with the white colored pencil.
- Draw or trace a fun character or scenery on the white area inside the frame, like a bear.
- Bake the Shrink Film brooch according to package instructions.
- After the film has cooled, apply a coat of clear dimensional medium or gloss sealer for shine and protection. Set aside and leave undisturbed for several hours to dry.
- Use a strong adhesive to attach a pin back to the back of the brooch.