Mixed Media and Artist Series Shrink Film Tag
Project Description: Grafix Artist Series Shrink Film offers the opportunity to customize your favorite Artists’ drawings to use for your own mixed media embellishments for tags, cards, and art journaling.
Designed by: ART BY MARLENE
Difficulty: Moderately Challenging
- Grafix Artist Series Shrink Film – Butterfly
- Craft Tag
- 3 DecoArt Americana Color Paints – White, Yellow, and Pink
- Newspaper/Music Paper/Old Books
- Matte Gel Medium or Grafix Artist-tac
- Black Stabilo Pencil
- The Crafter’s Workshop – ART BY MARLENE Stencils
- Makeup Sponge or Dabber
- Faber Castell Pitt Pens
- Black Fineline Pen
- Decorative Ribbon
- Water with Water Cup
Steps to Make This:
- Paint 3 colors randomly mixed on Craft Tag.
- Cut out circles from a newspaper; adhere to tag with Gel medium or Grafix Artist-tac.
- Once dry, trace with a pencil and activate with water to create the shabby chic look.
- Add some stenciling with a make-up sponge or dabber with colors from the background.
- Next color your shrink film butterfly with Pitt Pens. You can also activate with water for a translucent look. But once dried it is permanent.
- Shrink your film according to directions
- Adhere to tag with gel medium.
- Add decorative lines to your tag with a black Fineline pen.
- Tie a ribbon through the hole to hang or add to the journal.