Make the front page of a mixed media journal with this cool design by Sara Ferret, using multiple Grafix products!
Steps to Make This:
1. I Use the Frisket film with a Tim Holtz 661287 die, and die-cut with a Big Shot type die-cutting machine.
2. Cut out the Frisket film and place it on top of the Opaque Black Dura-Bright Craft Plastic journal page, to create resistance on the bottom of the page. I saved the letters for another project.
3. I used background stamps from All and Create, and with each background stamp that I have used I have changed the color of distress oxide ink. It has created a background full of colors and depth.
4. Once I have the background all stamped, with a pair of tweezers I carefully remove the Frisket film. We need to fix the ink on the plastic.
5. I have tried to fix it with matte medium gel, if I distributed it with a brush it would take everything I have stamped since the ink slips off the plastic. That is why I have done it with the Gelliplate, I have spread the medium gel with the roller and I have gently printed it on top of the stamped part, so that the ink remains fixed.
6. I take advantage and take a gosht print with a white plain paper, there is ink that has remained in the gelatin. Once dry, I go over the rectangles with PC-3M tip white posca and I go over the letters with PC-1M, for these need a finer tip.
7. I use a matte acrylic spray varnish to make it more uniform.
8. For the final decoration I use Shrink Film: Artists Series: Julie Fan-Fei Balzer Designs. I cut out a sun and a heart and paint them with posca markers and with the dryer, I shrink them. You can see in the image the proportion in which they shrink.
Another decoration that I have done is with Dura-bright White Opaque, stamping a stamp flower from Aall and Create, with permanent ink. I cut the flower into two parts and put one of the two parts on the top right and the other on the bottom left to offset the weight on the entire page.