Project Description: Rise and shine with these colorful Monoprint note cards made with Grafix Wet Media Dura-Lar, Super Sanded Shrink Film, and Artist-tac.
Designed by: Rebecca Goodwin
- Grafix .004 Wet Media Dura-Lar Film
- Grafix Super Sanded Shrink Film
- Grafix Artist-tac
- Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
- Gelli Arts Mini Printing Tools
- Canson XL Mixed Media Paper
- StazOn Ink
- Rubber Stamps
- Acrylic Paint
- Handmade Foam Stamps
- Kraft Card Stock for Card Bases
- White Card Stock for Card Fronts
- 1/4″ Scor-Tape Adhesive
- Colored Pencils
- Embroidery Floss
- Scraps of Burlap
- Paper Trimmer
Steps to Make This:
- Start by creating a sketched image of a chicken or tracing a printed image of the chicken have (you can use a different image if you prefer).
- You’ll want to trace 4 copies of this image on Grafix Wet Media Dura-Lar Film to make 4 stencils.
- Then cut the stencils out.
- You can place your stencils on the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate now or after you have finished making the backgrounds.
- Using the gel plate, add your choice of acrylic paints, you can use a brayer to blend the colors.
- Designs can be created using Gelli Arts Mini Printing Tools and handmade foam stamps.
- Once you are happy with the design place a piece of Canson XL Mixed Media Paper over the design to create the Monoprint.
- You will create a few background pages repeating steps 3-4.
- Place the chicken stencils on the four corners of the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate and add the acrylic paint and blend with a brayer. You can use Gelli Arts Mini Printing tools and handmade Foam Stamps to create designs on the chickens.
- Place the dried background design paper over the top of the painted chicken stencils.
- Once the papers are dry, you can cut them up into four squares, 4 1/4” by 5 ½”.
- To add an extra embellishment, trace your chicken design onto Grafix Super Sanded Shrink Film with a colored pencil.
- Use your colored pencils to color the chicken design in.
- Then take your favorite rubber stamp and StarsOn Ink to stamp the Shrink Film chicken design, 4 totals.
- Then cut out the Shrink Film chicken designs.
- Follow the shrinking instructions on the back of the Shrink Film package.
- While the Shrink Film chicken designs cool, take the embroidery floss then cut out six stands of the colored thread for each card.
- Then place a bunch of 6 stings at the bottom of the background and secure the strands in the back with Scor-Tape Adhesive.
- Place a single knot on the front of the background design.
- Then take a little scrap of burlap and attach it over top of the bunch of strings with Grafix Artist-tac.
- Lastly, add the shrunken chicken designs to the burlap piece with Artist-tac.