Project Description: Working with Dura-Lar Film allows you to work on each layer individually. Giving you the freedom to tackle one layer at a time, opening your creativity to new design possibilities. Once the layers are finished, you’re left with a texture-rich work of art that can be framed, bound to create a journal, or even used in an assemblage….the skies the limit!
Designed by: Cat Kerr
- Grafix Matte Dura-Lar Film
- Grafix Wet Media Dura-Lar Film
- Grafix Clear Dura-Lar Film
- Aqua Inks by Marabu Petrol, Reseda, Magenta
- Fine liner Graphix by Marabu
- White Water-based Sharpie
- Magazine Image
- Foam Stamp
- Acrylic Paint
- Washi Tape
- Letter Rub-ons
Steps to Make This:
- For the first layer, (the bottom layer) Spray Matte Dura-Lar with water and add Aqua Ink (Petrol) to the middle of the page. Spread the color out by moving the paper back and forth until most of the paper is covered. You can also use a brush to guide some of the ink.
- When dry outline the inside of the openings with a Fine liner marker.
- Add Reseda Aqua Ink color to the inside of the opening.
- For the second layer, place a sheet of Clear Dura-Lar Film on top of the first layer and loosely trace the Petrol lines with a white sharpie.
- For the third layer, place a sheet a Wet Media Dura-Lar Film on top of the second layer and add black dots inside some of the areas that you painted with Reseda Aqua Ink.
- For the fourth layer, place a sheet of Wet Media Dura-Lar Film on top of the third layer and add splatters of Magenta Aqua Ink. When dry add Artist-tac to your image and adhere to the fourth layer.
- For the fifth layer, place a sheet of Wet Media Dura-Lar Film on top of the fourth layer and add a design using a foam stamp design and acrylic paint. Also, add some black and white Washi tape.
- For the sixth layer, place a sheet a Clear Dura-Lar Film on top of the fifth layer and add mark making over the foam stamp design. Also, add a title using rub-ons.
- This can now be framed or added to a journal.