Project Description: Create unique cards for friends or family with Grafix Vellum and Grafix Clear Craft Plastic Film.
Designed by: Maritza Garcia
Steps to Make This:
- To begin this project, you’ll want to select a color palette first. Next, take a sheet of Grafix Clear Craft Plastic and paint an assortment of leaves and flowers directly onto your craft plastic sheet. Take your time and have fun with your design. Remember – no need for perfection.
- Once your leaves and flowers are dry, cut them out.
- Next, take a sheet of parchment vellum paper and trace your painted Clear Craft Plastic leaves and flowers onto your parchment vellum sheet, which can now double as templates. You’ll want to do this part to add a second layer and dimension to your handmade card.
- Once you have traced your leaves and flowers to your parchment vellum sheet, paint those too. Let dry and set aside for later.
- Next, decide on a size for your greeting card. I chose mine to measure just a little under 6” X 6” square inches all around. Just off by 1/4” (one-quarter of an inch to be exact). Note: it was done this way to fit perfectly into a 6” X 6” square envelope.
- Once you decide on your card size, take a new sheet of parchment vellum paper to create a striped background and a sheet of black card stock (or any other color choice) to create a cover mat for your greeting card. This part can be cut out by hand or by using a cutting machine.*
- Next, take a piece of any heavyweight (white) card stock to create a bubble sentiment and a marker. This part can also be done with a home printer if preferred.*
- Once done, you should have leaves, flowers, a mat, one striped background sheet on parchment vellum paper and a bubble sentiment on white card stock.
- Now you can start assembling your greeting card. Play around with your shapes by moving them around your mat until they feel right to you. Once you are satisfied, take your double-sided adhesive tape to secure everything in place, use form adhesive circles to create different heights on your greeting card.
- Once your cover is completely assembled, set aside. Next, take a 12” X 6” piece of black card stock paper and fold in half. Now you can take your cover and glue to your folded card stock. Trim off any excess paper sidings and that’s it.